21 Feb 5 Maintenance Tips for Home Sellers
5 Maintenance Tips for Home Sellers
Are you a homeowner thinking about selling your home this spring? Routine maintenance items are critical, especially if you have vacated your home. Small things like a broken door bell or leaky faucet, may lead a buyer to wonder if there are other, bigger items wrong with your home. More importantly, routine maintenance helps to avoid major problems down the road. Here are 6 maintenance tips for home sellers:
- Keep the yard and walkways in good shape: your front yard, and landscaping are the first things potential home buyer see. It’s a good idea to trim away dead branches on trees, clear out leaves, and sweep your sidewalks. In addition, if your home is vacant, consider having your exterior lights on a timer so your home doesn’t look dark all the time.
- Clean the gutters and check the roof: this home maintenance tip is one that is often overlooked purely because we forget to tend to them. But roof issues can lead to serious issues if not addressed in a timely manner. Overflowing gutters can damage your foundation and cause drainage issues in your yard.
- Service your heating/cooling systems: these are the hidden guts in your home, and they need regular attention. Before putting your home on the market, it is a good idea to have your HVAC unit professionally serviced. If you have a fireplace in your home, also a good idea to have your chimney swept and inspected.
- Keep critters out: inspect the inside and out of your home, looking for holes or cracks where unwanted critters can take up residence. Install mesh wire covers in vented areas, repair damaged siding or facia under the roofline.
- Wash your windows: many people associate window cleaning with spring cleaning, but if you are putting your house on the market, it doesn’t matter what time of year it is – dirty windows will leave an impression on potential home buyers.
For more than forty years, Knipp Contracting has been helping homeowners like you maximize their property values, while creating a beautiful space that you can enjoy for years to come. Our experienced team members are standing by, ready to assist you today. We look forward to hearing from you soon!