04 Sep Create a Healthier Workspace with these 5 Tips
Create a Healthier Workspace with these 5 Tips
Like most of us, we spend a great deal of our time at work which can leave little time for exercise. But with these five tips you can create a healthier workspace today.
- A standing desk: standing desks are just one of the newest trends in office furniture, but they also serve as a healthy alternative to sitting all day. You can step up your activity level by moving side-to-side or marching in place!
- Standing desk alternative: if you aren’t sure about the standing desk option or perhaps your office space will not accommodate one, a desk converter might be a better solution. This allows you to easily transition from sitting to standing with a touch of a button or a lift of a lever.
- Anti-fatigue mat: an anti-fatigue mat helps you get the most out of the time you spend on your feet by providing cushion and movement like an uneven surface. This feature let’s you stretch your leg and foot muscles throughout the day.
- Active sitting chair: another popular office furniture choice is an active sitting chair. Some designs include tilting springs, rocking or bouncing. While you sit behind your desk, you can be engaging your core muscles to build strength.
- Balance board or ball: now referred to as “dynamic standing” this product was designed by a fitness equipment manufacturer based in Utah. As you shift your weight from side-to-side the board tilts allowing you to flex your hips, knees or ankles. Additionally, using balancing tools help to build strength in your legs, gluts and core.
To read the full article on creating healthier workspaces and where you can purchase healthy options in office furniture, click here.
For more than forty years, Knipp Contracting has been helping homeowners and investors like you maximize their property values, while creating a beautiful space that you can enjoy for years to come. Our experienced team members are standing by, ready to assist you today. We look forward to hearing from you soon!